:: Arbitration / Dispute Resolution: Work Details
With a view to providing an institutional mechanism for resolution of construction and infrastructure related disputes, the Construction Industry Development Council, India (CIDC) in cooperation with the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) has set up an Arbitration Centre in India called the Construction Industry Arbitration Council (CIAC). CIAC is a Registered Society with its headquarters in New Delhi. The Council was inaugurated on 15th November 2006 by then Hon’ble President of India, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
Construction companies, Public Sector Undertakings and Government departments choosing arbitration may consider the clear advantages of an institution-administered arbitration as opposed to ad hoc arbitrations. CIAC would be happy to answer enquires on drafting of arbitration clauses apart from recommending to the parties that they adopt its Model Arbitration Clause in their contracts.
This Institution has the following features:
- Speedy Arbitral Process
- Trained and Certified Arbitrators admitted to CIAC’s Panel of Arbitrators
- Transparent Process of Arbitrator Appointment
- Transparent management of Arbitrators’ Fees
- Progress of arbitration cases - monitored by the CIAC Secretariat
- Logistics, facilities and services for hearing - arranged by the CIAC Secretariat
- CIAC in its effort to spread awareness about institutional arbitration organizes various executive development programme, conferences- National and International, Arbitration Competition for the law students as well as engineering students.
Empanelment of Arbitrators:
- For the empanelment of Arbitration CIAC conducts training workshops from time to time
The minimum qualifications for empanelment of Arbitrators as per CIAC rules are:
- “Professionals having eminent position in the field of construction, Public Administration, legal framework and having a tertiary educational qualification (University Degree), more than 35 years of age; and professional work experienced of over 15 years”
- Parties interested in obtaining membership are requested to send their email address and other contact details to email@example.com, for more details visit http://www.ciac.in/